POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Canon PowerShot A40: WinXP, WinVista, KUBUNTU! : Re: Canon PowerShot A40: WinXP, WinVista, KUBUNTU! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Canon PowerShot A40: WinXP, WinVista, KUBUNTU!
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 12:42:41
Message: <49de2581$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> Consumer camera drivers and utilities are, without exception, pure crap
> written by otherwise unemployable code monkeys. Use a card reader / adapter.

Unless it shows up as just a mountable drive, at which point you're using
MS's drivers anyway. :-)

The new canoscan software is the first bundled software I've used that
actually provides useful features. Multicropping and automatic
Scan->OCR->searchablePDF.  Niiiice.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)